Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Awards Night

Nate received a scholarship from Midwestern in September. They had a big awards night where he was presented with a plaque and got recognized for his efforts. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but when I got there I found out that I was wrong. It was way fancy. Luckily I got a maternity dress from one of my friends (thanks Tessa), so I didn't show up under dressed. There was dancing, music, a silent auction (where the starting bids were more then a months salary), the mayor was there, and many more local "who's who's".


Here is a shot from infront of the library at Midwestern

These were all of the scholarship recipients.


Nathan with Dr Geoppinger. She is the president of Midwestern


Nathan with the Mayor of Glendale.



2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats Nate! That's way awesome!!

tessa said...

You do look smashing in the dress:) I hate when I"m underdressed. Black is always a good call. You're getting so cute with the belly.

Mt McKinley

Mt McKinley
This is the tallest point in North America. It is 20,300 ft tall. The lake in this pictue is only around 2,000 ft.