Afterwards we scooped out all the free things and got some good loot.
We ran for the team "Surgeons for the Cure". Here we are with the Davis family who also ran on our team.
My next race was the Utah Vally Marathon. I ran it with my sister and finished in 5:01:28. I had a great time running with her. The highlight of the run is Provo Canyon and how beautiful the mountains are. There was so much snow, I couldn't believe it.
If you are the person who says, "I dont know why anyone would want to run a marathon," then you need to go watch one. Park you bootie in the last mile of the race and watch the people who are finishing in 4hrs-5hrs. After that, you may not ever WANT to run one, but you'll see WHY people run them.
My most recent run was the Freedom Run, which is on July 4th in Provo. It runs along the parade route. I ran the 5k and pushed my boys. I finished in 27:48. My brother David started the tradition to run the Freedom run. He ran it 1st in 2001. I think I've run it 8 times since then.
Since I've been back, I haven't run as hard as I used to. I think I need something the train for, so I don't slack off. During the last few months I've run almost everyday. I like that I've lost my baby weight and more. I think I'm going to run a 1/2 marathon in Oct or Nov here in WV. One is in Huntington and it ends on the Marshall University football field and the other is in a National Forest near my house.
4 comments:
That is SO awesome Katie!! And I'm so impressed with your marathon time! I just can't seem to get my lazy bum out the door to run... ugh. You inspire me! :)
Awesome I was thinking about how your race went, that is a lot of running! Congrats I am impressed!
Katie, I am so impressed! I can't believe you were up for another 5K so soon after your marathon! And seriously, your 5K time - when you were pushing the boys - is faster than mine, let alone when you ran without them! Made my jaw drop! I will need you to move back early next year to be my running partner. :) Miss you.
Go Katie! I loved catching up! love your house. looks so great and good job on your races! you look great!
Post a Comment