Monday, November 12, 2007

Finally Up To Date

October came and went fast. Nate and I started off the month with the St George Marathon. We drove up Friday and woke up early that next morning to get or registration packet and get on the bus that ships you to the starting line. Nate and I ran together for the first 5 Miles. Then he wanted to go faster so he took off. I caught up to him again around mile 24. We finished the race together at 4:20:35. We felt good about that time. It's no record breaker, but good for us. Nate decided that he would NEVER run one again, But I told my sister Emily that I would run one with her when she turned 35 (Em-I hope you don't forget). So It seems that I cant quite put up my running shoes. We don't have any pictures, but we are hopefully going to get some soon.
The weekend after that Nate and I went to spend time with some of Nate's old mission buddies in Bullhead City. They have a vacation home right on the Colorado River. It was a nice weekend. I read my book and played games, Nate fished as much as he could. The next weekend I flew home to visit my family and say by to my brother who is going to be spending the next 6 months in Afghanistan. It was fun to see that family and also my brother blessed his baby, so it was a double whammy.
The weeks following consisted of Nate studying for finals (yay they're over) and me starting my soccer coaching again. I'm the JV coach at Mt. Ridge. It's fun to be around soccer again, I even went to get new soccer shoes. Sorry there are no Pictures this month. Hopefully we'll take some good ones for next time.

1 comment:

Emily A. Gunderson said...

I haven't forgotten. I'm in training right now....Yes, it will take me the next five years to be ready!

Love Ya!

Mt McKinley

Mt McKinley
This is the tallest point in North America. It is 20,300 ft tall. The lake in this pictue is only around 2,000 ft.