The rest of August and September flew by. We moved apartments. YAY!! We are now across the hall in the huge two bedroom. I started school again, but this time I'm teaching much closer to home. I teach Chemistry at Mt Ridge HS. I have a great department and a huge classroom. Most of my students seem to be pretty good kids, so far. We'll see how that changes over the next few months.
Over labor day weekend, Nate and I went to Lake Powell. Nate's dad and Kelly rented a houseboat with their friends and invited us to come along. We left late Friday night and by the time we got there it was too late to find a camp ground. We ended up sleeping in our car with the doors open and our feet sticking out because we couldn't fit.
The next morning we got picked up and spent the next few days on the lake. It was fun. I had never been to lake Powell and it was a great maiden voyage for me. On the way home we stopped at Natural Bridges Natl Park and a few ancient ruins.
The next morning we got picked up and spent the next few days on the lake. It was fun. I had never been to lake Powell and it was a great maiden voyage for me. On the way home we stopped at Natural Bridges Natl Park and a few ancient ruins.
We also made it to the ward campout. It was fun as usual. I'm still upset that Heather beat me in speed. I hope she knows that it will never happen again!!
We woke up in the morning to a rain storm and spent the morning huddled under tarps. Nate was secretly glad for the rain, so then he could go home to study and not miss out on anything.
We woke up in the morning to a rain storm and spent the morning huddled under tarps. Nate was secretly glad for the rain, so then he could go home to study and not miss out on anything. The last weekend in September we spent in San Diego for a OAO conference. I spent one day there with my brother. It was good to see him again, since he just got back from Kawait. We went running together and I thought I was going to die, but it was still fun. The rest of the weekend was spent at the conference. I really don't know what went on there, Nate will have to fill anyone in who is interested. I did have fun with the other wives that were there, even though we never did get to go shopping together.
2 comments:
Yea for the post! She's ALLLLIIIVVVEEE!!
I've been waiting to hear more about your summer adventures - it sounds like such a great time! I've loved catching up with you and all the other AZ girls with the blogs. Good luck with your school - hope you and Nate are doing well!
Post a Comment